The practical information on this page can still evolve, so be sure to check it again shortly before the event.
Do you have a question? Send a short e-mail to email@example.com.
Do you have several questions? Don't hesitate to phone us on + 32 476 691 091.
This year, we 'll be in 6 countries, on 11 different circuits.
These events are open for all motorcycle brands and are supported by the BMW Motorrad factory in Munich.
In the price of 20 € are included:
- an insurance (your maximum cost in case of a crash = 2.000 €)
- tire wear
- fuel for 1 session of 20' (in your own group instead of with your own motorcycle)
After the morning briefing, you can register between 9.00 and 10.00 for one test session. Please take with you:
- ID card
- Drivers licence
- Credit card which is able to an "authorisation" of 2.000 € (to block online the caution of 2.000 €) - Inform @ your bank if your card can do this (sometimes the possible amount to "authorise" is less than 2.000 €, in which case we can not let you test a bike)
Together we will decide in which session(s) you 'll test the new BMW S 1000 RR on the circuit, during 20'.
Then you come to the EYBIS pitbox 10' before your test session(s) where a coach will be assigned to you.
After a quick acquaintance, he will explain to you the main functionalities of your test bike.
Next, he will run in front of you for 2 laps.
Then you can ride totally free with your test bike for the rest of the session.
After completing your test session, you will be "welcomed" by your coach who will be very interested in your feedback.
- Troy has been active during 20 years in the World Superbike Championship (1992 - 2011) with 6 different motorcycle brands: Yamaha, Ducati, Aprilia, Foggy Petronas, Suzuki and from 2009 untill 2011 with BMW.
- Since 2012, he is ambassador for BMW Motorrad Motorsport and participates at most of the BMW Motorrad Track Days, organised by EYBIS, managed by Frank Slabbynck.
In the Netherlands
Saturday 10 October 2015 from 10.00 untill 12.00
Saturday 10 or 17 October 2015 from 10.00 untill 12.00
As soon as possible (agreement to make when leaving PORTIMAO)
The best - probably - solution is to fly with Ryanair to / from Faro.
The most simple solution is to fly with Ryanair, and during the online booking procedure, take an option on a rental car from Hertz.Portugal is the cheapest European country when it comes to rental cars.We usually book a car from Europcar (they have also an office on the seafront at Portimao.
a. In the paddock
Is possible, for free and allowed.
b. TIVOLI MARINA PORTIMAO**** - 10 % DISCOUNT on the BAR (Best Available Rate)
- Our hotel partner for our event @ PORTIMAO is the beautiful TIVOLI MARINA PORTIMAO, at the marina of.
- Click here - or on the picture below - for images of it.
For 22 €, the hotel offers a supper buffet, incl. drinks (water, Tivoli wine, coffee). This can also be taken outside, on a wooden deck with seaview.
How to know the day price + book
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with :
As subject : EYBIS @ PORTIMAO 2015
Mention in your mail :
Desired type, with choice out of :
studio for 2 persons
2 single beds
or 1 double bed
appartment for up to 4 persons
bedroom with 2 single beds
or bedroom with 1 double bed
The number of nights
Name and first name of the person / persons that will occupy the room
If you would like to book, your own :
Mobile phone n° (with country code (ex. + 31 for The Netherlands, + 32 for Belgium, + 33 for France, + 49 for Germany, + 41 for Switzerland, etc.)
where you can be contacted for any questions.
37° 13' 19" N
008° 37' 46" W
Sitio do Escampadinho
b. Website of the circuit
You can find a predefined Routeplanner to the circuit on our "Tracks"-page (click on the red marker of ASSEN, and on the pop-up that appears, click on "To here").
c. Acces hour to the paddock
You can enter the paddock from 18.30, the evening before our event.
If you arrive earlier, you can wait on the parking next to the main entrance.
If ever this timing might change, we will communicate this via the EYBIS.com page on Facebook.
The last day of our event, we have to leave the paddock before 19.00.
The paddock has electricity (bring a blue adaptor), showers and toilets (freely available).
- There is a toilet in each pitbox
- There are also toilets in the paddock, in the building with the showers
There is a restaurant in the paddock (next to the pool), that is open every day from 8.00 untill 19.00.
You can drink coffee or something else all day long on the terrace alongside the pool.
A lunch costs between 10 and 15 €.
- On Friday morning from 7.15 untill 8.15
- On Saturday morning from 7.30 untill 8.15
- On Sunday morning from 7.40 untill 8.20
- To bring
- Identity card
- For a BMW test ride, you also have to bring your drivers licence and your credit card (for the caution)
- Completed and signed
- Show your
- Identity card
- Handover your - completed and signed -
Replacement exhausts without dB-killer are authorised!
Noise limit = 105 dB
- The technical inspection will be done at random.
- Everybody is responsible for the good state of his own motorcycle. Pay special attention to the following :
- Brakes, tires, oil leaks on crankcase and front fork
- Noise : only standard exhausts and replacement / after market exhausts with dB-killer will be authorised!
- Equipment : moto boots, leather gloves, good fitted full face helmet, back protector and leather suit (one-piece recommended) are mandatory. If the leather suit is a two-piece, then both pieces must be firmly zipped together.
Click on the timetable below to download it in .pdf format, and print it!
There will be a tire service present on both circuits that sells tires and installs and balances them à 10 € per wheel if you remove your wheels and bring them; and 20 € per wheel if you bring your motorcycle.
There is no gasstation in the paddock. So provide one or two jerrycans.
Our partner GO FAST MOTO is present in the paddock during all our 2014 events.
The rental sotck is not unlimited. We kindly ask you to book it in advance.
You can rent the following products:
One piece leather suits
All the motorcycle gear can be rented according to your needs, so you can rent only what you exactly need!
The Portuguese top photographer of TUGABIKERS - Miguel Flores - will be present on both events.
a. TPL Insurance = included
- With EYBIS, the Third Party Liability (TPL) insurance is included in your enrolment price since years.
- Some circuits require a license. The only reason for this is that there is a TPL insurance included in it.
- Because we provide for all participants - included in the price - such a TPL insurance, a license is not requested during our events and yet you are fully okay.
b. European Health Insurance Card
(we will not verify this, it 's only for your own comfort / safety)
VERY IMPORTANT: make sure to have your "European Health Insurance Card" (EHIC) with you. By showing this card, people know - in the domain of health (and injury) insurance - that you're completely covered in your own country and that every other country, that is a member of the European Union, has to give you all the needed care.If you haven't obtained your card from your health care insurance, than :
- apply for a card immediately;
- if you cannot receive it in time, ask them to e-mail to you a "Provisional replacement certificate for the European Health Insurance Card" (= 1 page, and this can be done immediately);
A list of "Dangerous sports" that are excluded from "urgent medical care abroad". Usually, "racing with car / motorcycle / outboard engines" is listed. But as we do not "race", our activity is not excluded from any treatment. Check if this is also the case with your insurance, and if it is not, just be sure to get an insurance yourself.
EYBIS has not only a very good insurance as an organiser, but insures also - on every event - all participants with a good TPL (= third partie liability) insurance.
If you have a racing license from your national motorcycle council, be sure to bring it with you.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to give us a call on + 32 476 691 091.